CCNW is a leading landscape management and ecology firm, providing contracting and consulting services. We operate across the north west of England on a range of public and private sector projects.
We provide a challenging and rewarding environment for our staff, and invest substantial resources into their professional development. We offer a range of opportunities from full-time landscape management operatives & team supervisors and seasonal landscape conservation operatives to office-based operational management staff.
Please have a look at our current vacancies. We welcome speculative CV’s and applications directly from interested candidates. We do not accept applications from employment and recruitment agencies.
Have a look at our vacancies below. In addition, we are always happy to receive speculative CV’s from suitable candidates. When applying for vacancies, please download the application form within this section, as well as following any other instructions within the job details.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s from employment agencies
Conservation Projects Supervisor
Salary: £18,000-£20,500 pa
Location: Horwich, Bolton
Contact email: email@example.com
What we do
Conservation Contracts North West is a professional environmental contracting and consulting firm, specialising in habitat management on all aspects of environmentally & ecologically sensitive projects across the north of England.
As part of our ongoing growth, we wish to appoint a Projects Supervisor to strengthen our experienced team. We provide an integrated and comprehensive service for local authorities, Wildlife Trusts, government agencies such as the Environment Agency & Forestry Commission, commercial clients, community groups, utility companies and land owners, working in partnership to improve the natural environment.
Role & Person Specification:
We require a highly motivated, multi-skilled Conservation Projects Supervisor who will be responsible for undertaking a variety of tasks including high-quality site supervision and assisting the management team with the day-to-day running of our projects.
The work is interesting and varied, as well as being physically demanding at times. The key to this position is the ability to lead from the front with a hands-on can-do approach, using a range of technologies to successfully complete the work.
Our contracts include the following:
- Invasive species control and management
- Vegetation clearance on commercial sites
- Aquatic habitat restoration and creation
- Fencing and boundary maintenance.
- Herbicide application
- Grounds maintenance
- Small civils structures
- Habitat creation
- Footpath and bridleway maintenance
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and motivating a small team carrying out mid to large-scale practical environmental conservation projects
- Carrying out & supervising maintenance tasks in line with job sheets
- Responsibility for CCNW’s local resources (premises, vehicles, protective clothing, tools and materials) and for ensuring they are maintained, serviced and replaced as appropriate.
- Being a good team player, good communicator, well organised, self-motivated, with a real passion for the environment.
- Good working knowledge & experience of practical environmental conservation work on a broad range of habitats.
- Ensuring all practical work is carried out to health and safety procedures.
- Ensuring jobs are completed to specification and on time.
- Appropriate qualifications (including Lantra and NPTC certificates) desirable, not essential
- Driving licence essential
What we offer
- Starting salary on a scale £18,000-£20,500 p.a. (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Comprehensive, ongoing training
- Supportive working environment
- Company vehicle provided
- Uniform & PPE
Download and complete the application form ( ccnw_application_form). The application form, C.V. and a covering letter should be emailed to Colin Ness firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Personnel Department, Conservation Contracts North West Ltd, 29-31 Lee Lane, Horwich, Bolton BL6 7AX.
CCNW supports the principle of equality and diversity in the workplace in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to equality of opportunity for staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Deadline & Interviews
Interviews will be arranged following shortlisting.